- Be responsive. Respond to trip requests and changes as soon as you can. Guests count on hearing from you, and quick responses inspire confidence.
- Accept trips. Make guests feel welcome by accepting trips whenever you’re available.
- Avoid cancellations. Refrain from canceling trips. It can ruin guests’ plans.
- Maintain good ratings. Provide a five-star experience to keep guests coming back.
It takes a little effort to be a great host. Focus your time and attention on doing these things to see your efforts pay off.
Create an attractive listing
- Share vehicle details. Think like a guest and tell them everything they’d want to know about your car. Anticipate questions and set clear guidelines and expectations. Let your personality and your car’s shine through. Go to your vehicle’s Details page to write a description, list features, and add FAQs to your listing.
- Upload high-quality photos. Make a good first impression by posting great photos. Upload multiple, clear, exterior and interior photos taken from different angles. Check out more photo advice.
- Set competitive prices. Ensure your prices are in line with similar listings and reflect changing demand, which fluctuates throughout the week and year. Better yet, use Automatic Pricing, which dynamically adjusts your vehicle price to match demand. If you’re new, try lowering your price to attract your first few guests.
- Offer discounts. Enable weekly and monthly discounts to attract guests booking longer trips. Send guests a discount code to encourage them to rebook with you.
Give guests what they want
- Make your listing available. Get more bookings by making your car available as often as possible, especially on weekends and holidays when demand surges. Ensure your advance notice and trip duration settings as well as your Pickup & Return hours aren’t too restrictive, which can shut you out of guest searches.
- Enable Book Instantly. Opt into Book Instantly to allow guests to book without waiting for your approval. Book Instantly is a big draw for guests and convenient for hosts, but you’ll need to keep your calendar and settings up to date so you only get trips that work for you.
- Offer delivery. Add convenience and make your listing stand out by offering delivery. It’s one big reason guests choose Turo over a rental car agency.
- Include plenty of miles. Offer at least 200 miles a day. Guests often filter out cars with inadequate mileage limits.
- Offer Extras. Make trips special and earn more by offering Extras. Consider convenience items like prepaid refuel or cleaning and gear like outdoor equipment.
Accept trips and stay committed
- Respond quickly and accept trips. Improve your search ranking and attract guests by responding quickly and accepting trips whenever you’re available. Opt into receiving push and text notifications so you don’t miss messages from your guests. Use Book Instantly to automatically accept trips matching your availability and preferences.
- Stay committed. Avoid canceling trips unless it’s an emergency. Cancellations can chase away future guests because they affect your search ranking and show up on your listing.
- Get trips that are right for you. Keep your calendar up to date so you only get trips when your car is actually available. Also, set Pickup & Return hours so you get trips that start and end when you’re available to meet guests. Finally, optimize your trip preferences, including advance notice. These are the best ways to get trips that work for you and to avoid having to decline or cancel trips.
Provide five-star experiences
- Clean and refuel your car. Clean the car inside and out and top off the tank or battery before every trip. Give yourself enough time between trips.
- Keep your car well maintained. Stay up to date on all maintenance and repairs to ensure your car looks good, performs well, and is safe to drive.
- Communicate proactively. Send a message to introduce yourself and coordinate trip details once a trip is booked. If details change, let your guest know as soon as possible. Write a brief Welcome Message to be sent to guests at check-in if you aren’t meeting them in person. Complete a Car Guide to share any quirks or tips about operating your car. Find these settings in Guest Instructions. Remain available to guests throughout their trips.
- Make pickup and return clear and simple. Create detailed, clear, and concise Pickup & Return Instructions in Guest Instructions. Provide instructions for each delivery location you offer in Location & Delivery.
- Download the app and turn on notifications. Manage your trips and listings better by using the app and enabling notifications.
- Check your reviews. Read your guest reviews to find areas for improvement.
We track host performance and pay special attention to your ratings and reviews. If you fall below our standards, we’ll warn you and give you a chance to improve. The best way to boost your performance is to follow the tips above. Hosts who consistently fall below our standards are subject to removal from the marketplace.