Getting more trip requests
Follow these steps to attract more guests and book more trips:
- Write a detailed vehicle description. You know what’s great about your car and why you love it, so share that in your description to get guests excited about booking with you. Try to anticipate questions and set expectations. For example, you may want to say that you’re unable to respond to requests sent overnight. Or to explain your custom delivery process, add instructions for using the car’s Bluetooth feature, or specify how many seats your car has.
- Post great photos. Put your car in a scenic spot or simply make sure the background is uncluttered. Take multiple pics from different angles. Depending on your location, you may be able to take advantage of our free professional photography program. Get more tips and review our photo listing guidelines here.
- Maintain a high response rate. Guests are looking for hosts who have a great response rate, which is shown on your listing. The higher the rate, the better you look. Opt into receiving text messages or push notifications — most hosts who do have much better response times than those who don’t.
- Get good reviews. There’s no better marketing than rave reviews about you and your vehicle. Keep your cars clean and well-maintained, be responsive, and go the extra mile for your guests whenever you can.
- Track your performance. Tracking your performance allows you to see in-depth information that can help you pinpoint areas for improvement.
Increasing your earnings
Take these tips to help reach your full earnings potential:
- Set the right price. Use our powerful Automatic Pricing feature to set your car's price based on location, car type, seasonality, and other factors.
- Offer discounts. Offering weekly and monthly discounts can encourage guests to book your car for longer trips. Offering custom prices for certain days or certain guests can be a great way to take advantage of high-demand dates or create a great trip experience for a guest, who may become a repeat booker.
- Offer delivery. Guests love the convenience of delivery. Offering it will boost the appeal of your listing.
- Add Extras. Make a trip extra-special and earn some extra money by offering convenience items or gear for purchase as part of a trip.
- Advertise your car. Let your friends, neighbors, and coworkers know that you’re a Turo host and share your referral code with them. While they won’t be able to book a trip with you (Turo’s Terms of Service prohibits this), they can help spread the word about your listing.