Turo isn’t only a marketplace, but also a community of like-minded individuals, working together to make the world a little greener and transportation a little smarter. As such, it’s critical that you treat your guest with the utmost respect.
Please be sure to:
- Promptly accept or decline pending trips (if you don't respond in less than eight hours, the request will automatically expire, and after two expirations, your car may be removed from the marketplace).
- Comprehensively describe your car and any special aspects of which the guest should be aware.
- Be on time for the key handoff.
- Keep your car clean, well maintained, and smoke-free.
- Take "before" and "after" photos of the car, mileage, and fuel before and after each trip.
- Remove any personal belongings (they’re not covered for replacement).
- Verify the driver’s license of the guest at the start of the trip, by checking that the name matches and the license is valid.
- Put the Turo (in the US) and Intact (In Canada) insurance card alongside your registration.
- Leave feedback after every trip.
- Be nice and follow the community rules.
Read more about our special maintenance requirements here. If the car fails due to mechanical problems, you are responsible for it, including all associated costs.
You should use the Trip Checklist to document gas level, mileage, and any damage to the car before and after the trip.
You are responsible for keeping your vehicle personally insured and registered according to your state/province requirements.