What you need to create an account:
- A Facebook or Google+ account, or a personal email address.
- Choose the email you check regularly -- we’ll contact you there about your account and trips.
- A phone number tied to a text-enable mobile phone in your name.
- Once we verify your email and phone number, we’ll notify you that your account has been created.
What information will you check?
When you create an account, you give Turo written instructions and permission in line with the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws to obtain your personal and/or business credit report and/or perform a criminal background check. You also authorize Turo to obtain your auto insurance score from a consumer reporting agency.
How to use a referral link to create an account
To redeem travel credit from a referral link:
- Click on and follow the referral link your friend sent you.
- You must be a first-time user of Turo with no previous account or trips.
- Enter an email address and mobile phone number we can verify.
- Once we create your account, you’ll see the travel credit displayed on your Account page.
- We’ll automatically apply this travel credit to your first trip. You’ll see it displayed as a Discount on the checkout page of your first trip request.
- If you don’t use a referral link when you create your account, neither you nor the person who referred you will receive travel credit.
- Don’t set up a second account using a referral link if you made a mistake with your first account. Guests who have multiple accounts are unable to book cars.
- Coupon codes are not valid on Turo and will not add any travel credit to a new account. See complete referral terms and conditions here.