Information we need from you
- A Facebook or Google account or a personal email address you check regularly
- A phone number tied to a text-enable mobile phone in your name
Information we may check
- Personal and/or business credit report
- Auto insurance score
- Criminal background
When you create an account, you give Turo written instructions and permission in line with the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws to obtain this information if needed.
How to use a referral link to create an account
To redeem travel credit from a referral link:
- Click on and follow the referral link your friend sent you.
- Enter an email address and mobile phone number we can verify.
- Access your Account page to see the travel credit you’ve been granted, which will be automatically applied to your first trip.
- To use a referral link, you must be a first-time Turo user with no previous accounts of trips.
- If you don’t use your referral link at the time you create your account, neither you nor the person who referred you will receive travel credit.
- Don’t set up a second account using a referral link if you’ve made a mistake with your first account, or you’ll be unable to book a car.
- Coupon codes are not valid on Turo and will not add any travel credit to a new account. Learn more about Earning travel credit via referrals.
* The $25 referral credit is given in USD.