- You must be 18 or older to book a trip in the US.
- You must be 21 or older to book a trip in Canada, Germany, the UK, and in all other regions where Turo operates.
- If you’re over the age of 74, you can’t book with Turo in the UK.
- Commercial Hosts may set different age limits.
- You must be 21 or older to list a vehicle in the US, Canada, and Germany.
- You must be 25 or older to list a vehicle in the UK.
Young driver restrictions
- We auto-enroll guests under age 21 into a Minimum protection plan. They can’t decline or pick another plan.
- Guests under 21 can’t book cars with a total market value of more than $25k.
Young driver fee
- If you’re under 25, we’ll charge a Young Driver fee. The fee is a percentage of the trip price or up to $15*/day, whichever is greater. If charged the percentage, the rate will be:
- Age 18 - 70%
- Age 19 - 60%
- Age 20 - 50%
- Age 21 - 40%
- We include the cost of the Young Driver fee in your total trip cost. We’ll itemize and show you this fee at checkout before you submit your trip request.
- If you turn 25 before or during your trip, the fee is still valid and can’t be refunded.
- If you're age 25 when you book, we won't charge a Young Driver fee. But we will charge you a higher trip fee than other drivers.
- Commercial Hosts may have their own age restrictions and associated fees.
High-value and specialty cars
United States, Canada, and Germany
- You must be 25 or older to book a Deluxe Class car.
- You must be 30 or older to book a Super Deluxe car or a specialty vehicle.
- You must be 25 or older to book a Deluxe Class vehicle.
Depending on the driver’s age and the region, additional requirements may apply. Hosts can read more about Deluxe Class and Super Deluxe Class eligibility and the requirements for listing specialty and classic cars.
*Values in Canadian dollars (CAD) for trips in Canada, euros (€) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, pounds (£) for trips in the United Kingdom, and US dollars (US$) everywhere else, including locations where Turo is available outside of the United States.