- You must be 18 or older to book a trip in the US.
- You must be 21 or older to book a trip in Canada, Germany, the UK, and in all other regions where Turo operates.
- If you’re over the age of 74, you can’t book with Turo in the UK.
- US drivers under the age of 21 aren't eligible to book with Commercial Hosts. Commercial Hosts may charge a separate fee or offer only certain vehicles to drivers under 25.
- You must be 21 or older to list a vehicle in the US, Canada, and Germany.
- You must be 25 or older to list a vehicle in the UK. (23 and 24 year olds may list vehicles that are younger than 3 years.)
Young driver restrictions
- We auto-enroll guests under age 21 into a Minimum protection plan. They can’t decline or pick another plan.
- Guests under 21 can’t book cars with a total market value of more than $20k.
Young driver fee
- We charge a Young Driver fee to guests ages 18-25 who are booking a vehicle in the US. Outside of the US, we charge this fee to drivers who are ages 21-24. The fee is a percentage of the trip price or up to $15*/day, whichever is greater. The percentage you're charged depends on your age.
- We include the cost of the Young Driver fee in your total trip cost. We’ll itemize and show you this fee at checkout before you submit your trip request.
- If you turn 26 (US) or 25 (outside the US) before or during your trip, the fee is still valid and can’t be refunded.
- Commercial Hosts may have their own age restrictions and associated fees.
High-value and specialty cars
United States, Canada, and Germany
- You must be 25 or older to book a Deluxe Class car.
- You must be 30 or older to book a Super Deluxe car or a specialty vehicle.
- You must be 25 or older to book a Deluxe Class vehicle.
Depending on the driver’s age and the region, additional requirements may apply. Hosts can read more about Deluxe Class and Super Deluxe Class eligibility and the requirements for listing specialty and classic cars.
*Values in Canadian dollars (CAD) for trips in Canada, euros (€) for trips in Germany and all countries in the eurozone, pounds (£) for trips in the United Kingdom, and US dollars (US$) everywhere else, including locations where Turo is available outside of the United States.