While we reserve the right to decline membership for any reason, including auto insurance score, criminal background check, and driving history, the following are the minimum eligibility requirements:
- You must hold a current, valid (non-temporary) driver's license, and present your license to the owner when you begin the trip.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to rent in the United States and Canada.
- Some owners who provide their own commercial insurance may also have higher age requirements, like 25 years and older, or charge young driver fees.
- If you are under 25, you may be required to demonstrate at least two years of current driving history in the US or Canada.
- If you hold a non-US or non-Canadian driver's license and are renting a car in the US or Canada, you must be at least 25, and you will need to provide your passport and a photograph of your license.
- If you are renting a car in a country that is not the US or Canada, you must be at least 21 years of age (regardless of your license's country of issuance).
- You must possess a mobile phone in your own name that we can verify through text message.
- You must meet our auto insurance score criteria.
- You must be a registered user of Turo.
For the details on signing up, please click here.