Below is the list of minimum eligibility requirements for booking a car on Turo.
- You must hold a current, valid (non-temporary) driver's license and present your license to your host when you begin the trip.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to rent in the United States, Canada, and Germany.
- If you are under 25, you may be required to demonstrate at least two years of current driving history in the US or Canada.
- If you hold a driver’s license from a country other than the US, Canada, or Germany and are renting a car in the US, Canada, or Germany, you must be at least 21 and must be prepared to provide your passport and/or a photograph of your license.
- Some hosts who provide their own commercial insurance may require you to be age 25 or older, or they may charge a young driver fee.
- You must possess a mobile phone in your own name that we can verify through text message.
- You must meet our auto insurance score criteria.
- You must be a registered user of Turo.
We reserve the right to decline membership for any reason, including auto insurance score, criminal background check, and driving history.
For the details on signing up, please click here.