Experience the luxury and convenience of having a car delivered right to you by booking a vehicle that offers city delivery (also known as custom delivery). Vehicles that are available for city delivery offer both pickups and drop offs for a single fee. You can find them by filtering your vehicle search results by “Delivery.” Scroll to the bottom of the vehicle listing to see the host’s delivery locations, mileage radius within which they are willing to make a custom delivery, and the associated fee.
Make sure to choose the right delivery location when booking your car. Many hosts offer both airport and custom delivery, and different hosts have different ways of delivering their vehicles, so it’s a good idea to confirm custom delivery details in your message to your host when you book your trip.
Tips for a Smooth City Delivery
- Typically, hosts meet their guests at the custom delivery location at the trip start time. The host then arranges for their own way home via public transportation or a ride-sharing service. Alternatively, the guest can drive the host home if this is agreed upon before the trip starts. (You are not obligated to drive a host home if they did not make arrangements for you to do so prior to the start of the trip.)
- The mileage and fuel level should be logged at the time of the trip start/key exchange. These are tracked from the moment the trip starts (when the guest and host meet for the hand off) until the moment the vehicle is returned and the trip ends (when the guest has returned the vehicle to the host). Both hosts and guests should bear this in mind when arranging city delivery.
- At pickup and drop off time, guests and hosts can use Turo’s “Location Sharing” feature to ease their rendezvous by seeing each other’s locations on their smartphones.
- Guests can request a change to the pickup and/or return location of a trip before the trip starts without having to contact Turo; they simply submit the request online or via the Turo app. The host must then approve the change request through the system. Once it’s been approved, the change will be booked and finalized.
- Currently, it is not possible to set two different locations for pickup and drop off prior to the start of a trip. In order to have two different locations, you must request the drop off location change while your trip is in-progress. Locations can only be changed to places where the host already offers city delivery (e.g. if a host offers city delivery within 10 miles of their home location, then that limitation remains the same).
In addition to city delivery, many hosts offer airport delivery as well. You can read more about airport delivery options here.