Experience the luxury of having your rental delivered right to you by booking a car with curbside (or “city”) delivery. Vehicles that are available for city delivery include pickups and drop-offs and will be listed as available for custom delivery. The listing will also show a mileage radius within which the owner is willing to deliver, and the delivery fee based on the distance. Make sure to choose the right delivery location when booking the car. Different owners can have different ways of delivering the vehicle, so it’s a good idea to confirm delivery details in the message to the owner when you book your trip.
- The owner meets the traveler at the delivery location at the trip start time.
- The owner then arranges for his or her own way home, such as ride-sharing or public transportation.
- Alternatively, the traveler can drive the owner home if this is agreed upon before the trip starts.
- The mileage and fuel level should be logged at the time of the trip start/key exchange. These are tracked from the moment the trip starts (when the traveler and owner meet for the handoff) until the moment the vehicle is returned and the trip ends (when the traveler has returned the vehicle to the owner).
- Both owners and travelers should bear this in mind when arranging delivery.
At pickup and drop off time, owners and travelers can use Turo’s “Location Sharing” feature to ease the rendezvous by seeing each other’s locations on their smartphones. You can also request to change your delivery location before the trip start. Once you submit the change request, the owner will be notified and has up to eight hours to respond (or less, if your trip starts sooner than eight hours). If the trip is already in-progress, the drop off location can be changed as well. Locations can only be changed to places the owner already offers delivery to.
With location change requests, the pricing may also change if the fee is different than the original location. Changes during an in-progress trip will result in changes for 50% of the delivery fee, since only the drop off will change.