How can I find cars that are available for delivery?
- Filter your search results by “Delivery” from the vehicle search page.
- Scroll to the bottom of a vehicle listing to see the map that shows the vehicle’s location.
Cars will show a list of delivery locations and the mileage radius for custom delivery. Choose your delivery location from the dropdown menu below the “Trip start” and “Trip end” fields. Some hosts offer delivery to multiple locations, so be sure you choose the correct location for your trip. Delivery is not available in the state of New York.
- Curbside - The host will meet you at the airport terminal.
- Parking lot - You can pick up and return the car at an airport lot.
- Valet - Only available near SFO and LAX. Click here to learn more.
- Other arrangements - Hosts know their local airports best and may have an easier way to coordinate pickups and drop offs. The host will share delivery details once your trip is booked.
- You may agree to have the car delivered to your home, business, local landmark, or other location where you feel comfortable.
Paying for delivery
You pay for delivery as part of your total trip cost when you book a trip. If you add delivery after your trip has been booked, you’ll pay for it then. You must pay for delivery via the Turo app or website. Turo does not permit guests to pay hosts directly.
Communicating with your host about delivery
Use Turo messaging to confirm with your host how, where, and when you’ll meet. The vehicle listing will specify whether the host will need a ride after delivering their car to you if it’s an airport delivery.
To make pickup and drop off easier, hosts and guests can use Turo’s “Location Sharing” feature in the app to see each other’s locations on their smartphones.
Changing the pickup or drop off location
You can request a change to a location as long as the host already offers delivery there or it’s within their custom delivery radius. To request a change, submit a trip modification request online or via the Turo app. The host has eight hours (or less, if your trip starts or ends sooner than eight hours) to approve or decline your change request.
You’re not able to to set one location for pickup and a different location for drop off when you book your trip. If you want to return the car somewhere other than the pickup location, you must request the drop off location change while your trip is in-progress.
When you change delivery location, the delivery fee may change. Be sure to verify any additional cost for the change. If you make a location change during an in-progress trip, we’ll make an adjustment for 50% of the delivery fee, since only the drop off spot will change.
When does a trip with delivery actually start?
The trip begins when you’re handed or pick up the keys and ends when you return the car. Take a photo of the fuel level and odometer reading when the trip starts and when it ends. You’re only responsible for the fuel level and distance logged during your trip -- not during your host’s delivery period before and after the trip.