We’re sorry to see you go! If you decide you no longer wish to participate in the Turo marketplace, you can close your own account through your Account page. Here’s how:
From the web:
- Log in to Turo and access your Account page from the dropdown menu at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button “Close my account.”
- Read the information in verification box that pops up.
- If you still want to close your account, click “Continue.”
From the app:
- Open the Turo app, go to the menu at the bottom of the screen, tap the person icon, and choose Account.
- Follow the same steps as listed above.
If you have upcoming trips, they will be cancelled according to our Cancellation Policy. That may mean that you’ll incur cancellation fees, so we recommend checking our Cancellation Policy if you have questions. You’ll still be responsible for any outstanding tickets, tolls, fees, reimbursements, or claims associated with past trips. If you’re a host, your vehicle(s) will be automatically removed from the marketplace when you close your account.
If you have an in-progress trip or an outstanding balance, you will be unable to close your account until 72 hours after the trip ends and any outstanding balance has been resolved.
Turo offers eligible users the option of being “forgotten” (deleted) from our database. To request the deletion of your personal information and to initiate the process to determine your eligibility, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility requirements for user deletion include, but are not limited to, having no outstanding balances and no open damage claims with Turo.