Yes. Turo hosts offer their personal cars, so you will see both cars with manual and automatic transmissions on the marketplace. The transmission type is listed in the “Features” section on a car’s booking page.
How do I find cars with manual or automatic transmission?
If you’re specifically looking for cars that have a manual or automatic transmission, use the “Transmission” search feature.
- In the sidebar on a search page, click “More filters.” You’ll see a variety of filters to help you find the perfect car for your next trip.
- Scroll down to the “Transmission” filter.
- Select the type of transmission you’re looking for. The search results will update automatically.
Can I learn to drive a manual transmission with a host’s car?
No. You must already know how to drive a stick shift. Driving a manual transmission without knowing how is a violation of our Prohibited uses and could result in removal from the community.
Additionally, you will be held liable for all the repair costs should there be any damage to the clutch, gearbox, or any part of the drivetrain. You can find more information in our Clutch policy.
Why can’t I see or book a car with manual transmission?
If you’ve specified that you’re not an expert at driving manual transmission, you won’t be able to book cars with stick shifts or see them in searches. You can check your account settings to see what your transmission ability has been set to.
- Select “Account” from the main menu.
- Scroll down to the “Transmission” section.
- If you need to change your setting, click “Yes, I’m an expert.”
- Then click “Save changes” to update them. Manual transmission cars will appear in your next search.