Guidelines for receiving a refund
To receive a refund for ending a trip early, you must request to end the trip early through your Turo dashboard, and your request must be accepted by the host. Once your host approves the request, we’ll notify you and refund you for the trip’s unused time. If you were charged a deposit for your trip, we’ll refund you 80 hours after the new, early trip end time, as long as your host does not report any issues or damage.
It’s important to note that if you return the car early without an approved request, we’ll be unable to issue you a refund. An “OK” from your host in Turo messaging is not an approved request. Be sure to make your request via the Turo dashboard. If you need to end your trip early because of a mechanical or other issue with the car, please contact us at support.turo.com.
How to request an early return
- Log into Turo.com and open your Dashboard, or open the app and navigate to the Dashboard.
- Select the trip you want to modify.
- Click “Request Change” or “Change trip length.”
- Modify the end time of your trip.
- Click “Send Request.”
- Your host will be notified immediately.
- If your host is able to accept your early return, we’ll notify and refund you.
- If they’re unable to accept the change, we’ll notify you, and you must return the car at the original trip end time.
- If they don’t respond, the request will expire in eight hours, and you’ll be responsible for returning the car at the original trip end time.