While you’re renting the car, you’re responsible for damage that might occur, and for returning the vehicle in the same condition in which it was received. The best way to ensure you have no liability is to document with the owner the condition of the car at the beginning and end of the trip by taking clear photos. You can send pictures of any damage to us at the start and end of your trip by using this form, or upload them to the Trip Photos section of your trip on the app.
Articles in this section
- Do I need my own insurance?
- How does insurance work in Germany? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?
- How does insurance work in Canada? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?
- Do I need my own insurance in Canada?
- Will the insurance or coverage I have through my credit card cover my Turo trip?
- Am I responsible for a flat tire?
- How does insurance work? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?
- I returned the car, and the owner didn’t mention any problem, but now I’m being told that there was damage to the car. What should I do?
- The car had pre-existing damage when I arrived to rent it. Am I on the hook for that?
- What is owner-provided insurance?