You’re responsible for damage that might occur to a vehicle during your trip and for returning the vehicle in the same condition in which it was received. The best way to ensure you have no liability is to document with the host the condition of the car at the beginning and end of the trip by taking clear photos. You can send pictures of any damage to us at the start and end of your trip by using this form, or upload them to the Trip Photos section of your trip on the app.
Articles in this section
- Do I need my own insurance?
- How does insurance work in the UK? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?
- How does insurance work in the US? What am I responsible for if I have an accident or damage a car?
- How much do guest protection plans cost?
- I returned the car, and the host didn’t mention any problem, but now I’m being told that there was damage to the car. What should I do?
- The car had pre-existing damage when I arrived. Am I on the hook for that?
- Am I responsible for a flat tire?
- What do I need to know about Commercial Hosts as a guest?
- How does insurance work in Germany? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?
- How does insurance work in Canada? What am I responsible for if I have an accident?