If you disregard Turo policies, we’ll charge you a violation fee. If you cancel a trip or fail to show up for a booked trip, Turo will charge you a cancellation fee.
- Cleaning policy violation: If a guest provides photo evidence that a car wasn’t clean at pickup, we may charge you a cancellation fee. If the guest doesn’t provide photo evidence, we’ll issue you partial earnings based on trip length. For trips two days or shorter, we’ll pay your share of half of one day's average trip price (based on the protection plan you chose). For trips longer than two days, we’ll pay your share of one full day’s average trip price (based on the protection plan you chose). If the guest chose delivery, we’ll pay you half of any delivery fee.
- Damage claim filed without valid pre- and post-trip photos: (US and Canada, Turo Go exempt) If you submit a damage claim and haven’t uploaded valid pre- and post-trip photos that document the car’s condition, we’ll charge you a $25* fee.
- Frivolous (non-covered) damage claims: (US and Canada) If you file a claim that’s invalid or illegitimate, we’ll charge you a $25* fee.
- Gray market policy violation: If you accept payment outside of Turo for charges meant to be handled via the platform, we’ll charge you a $150 processing fee plus liquidated damages of $5,500* as per our Terms of service.
- Host no-show: If you fail to show up for a booked trip, Turo will charge you a $150* fee.
- Host trip cancellations: If you cancel a trip more than 24 hours before it starts, we’ll charge you a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 24 hours before a trip starts, we’ll charge a $50 cancellation fee.
- Maintenance policy violation: If you fail to follow Turo’s maintenance requirements for listing your vehicle or disregard laws and regulations for vehicle safety, condition, and operation in your area, we’ll charge you a $100* fee plus a $200* roadside fee if roadside assistance is dispatched.
- Material misrepresentation: (US and Canada) If you submit false or misleading information for a claim or reimbursement, Turo will charge you a minimum of $200* up to a maximum of $2,000*.
- Reimbursement tool & Claims resolutions tool Misuse policy violation: If you use the Reimbursement tool or the Claims resolution center to file an ineligible expense or claim, we’ll remove any related reimbursement received and charge a $50* fee for the first offense, a $200* fee for the second offense, and a $500* fee for subsequent offenses.
- Terms of service or other policy violation after receiving a formal written warning: If we issue a formal warning about a terms of service or policy violation and you comment a subsequent violations, we’ll charge you $500* for the first offense, $1K* for the second.
- UK appraisal deposit: Turo reserves the right to charge UK hosts an appraisal deposit of up to £300/claim. This won’t be refunded if the claim is denied.
- Unreported guest no-show : If a guest doesn’t show up for a trip, you fail to report the no-show, and you collect earnings, we’ll remove the trip earnings.
- Vehicle misrepresentation - If you fail to disclose a vehicle’s issues or damage, improperly describe or display your vehicle, or commit other acts of misrepresentation, we’ll charge you a $100* per violation plus $200* fee if roadside assistance is dispatched.
*Values are in CAD for Canada, £ for the UK, and US$ for the US and all other countries.