If you disregard Turo policies, we’ll charge you a violation fee. If you cancel a trip or fail to show up for a booked trip, Turo will charge you a cancellation fee.
- Cleaning policy violation: If a guest provides photo evidence that a car wasn’t clean at pickup, we may charge you a cancellation fee. If the guest doesn’t provide photo evidence, we’ll pay you one day’s average trip cost for trips longer than 2 days; 50% of one day's average trip cost for trips shorter than 2 days.
- Damage claim filed without valid pre- and post-trip photos: (US and Canada, Turo Go exempt) If you submit a damage claim and haven’t uploaded valid pre- and post-trip photos that document the car’s condition, we’ll charge you a $25* fee.
- Frivolous (non-covered) damage claims: (US and Canada) If you file a claim that’s invalid or illegitimate, we’ll charge you a $25* fee.
- Gray market policy violation: If you accept payment outside of Turo for charges meant to be handled via the platform, we’ll charge you a $150 processing fee plus liquidated damages of $5,500* as per our Terms of service.
- Host no-show: If you fail to show up for a booked trip, Turo will charge you a $150* fee.
- Host trip cancellations: If you cancel a trip more than 24 hours before it starts, we’ll charge you a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 24 hours before a trip starts, we’ll charge a $50 cancellation fee.
- Maintenance policy violation: If you fail to follow Turo’s maintenance requirements for listing your vehicle or disregard laws and regulations for vehicle safety, condition, and operation in your area, we’ll charge you a $100* fee plus a $200* roadside fee if roadside assistance is dispatched.
- Material misrepresentation: (US and Canada) If you submit false or misleading information for a claim or reimbursement, Turo will charge you a minimum of $200* up to a maximum of $2,000*.
- Reimbursement tool & Claims resolutions tool Misuse policy violation: If you use the Reimbursement tool or the Claims resolution center to file an ineligible expense or claim, we’ll remove any related reimbursement received and charge a $50* fee for the first offense, a $200* fee for the second offense, and a $500* fee for subsequent offenses.
- Terms of service or other policy violation after receiving a formal written warning: If we issue a formal warning about a terms of service or policy violation and you comment a subsequent violations, we’ll charge you $500* for the first offense, $1K* for the second.
- UK appraisal deposit: Turo reserves the right to charge UK hosts an appraisal deposit of up to £300/claim. This won’t be refunded if the claim is denied.
- Unreported guest no-show : If a guest doesn’t show up for a trip, you fail to report the no-show, and you collect earnings, we’ll remove the trip earnings.
- Vehicle misrepresentation - If you fail to disclose a vehicle’s issues or damage, improperly describe or display your vehicle, or commit other acts of misrepresentation, we’ll charge you a $100* per violation plus $200* fee if roadside assistance is dispatched.
*Values are in CAD for Canada, £ for the UK, and US$ for the US and all other countries.