- Replace the amount of gas or electric charge used during your trip.
- Take pictures of the fuel gauge before and after each trip.
- For gas, get a receipt that documents the fuel costs and keep it for at least 5 days after your trip. It should include:
- Price per gallon
- Number of gallons
- Total cost
- If you don’t replace the gas you used, your host can request reimbursement for their cost to replace it and a $10 inconvenience fee.
- If you return an electric vehicle without a full charge, your host may charge you $10-$20.
- Hosts have up to 72 hours after your trip ends to make a request.
- You’re responsible for any Supercharger and/or Idle fees incurred during the trip. You're also responsible up to 24 hours after the trip end, if you left the car plugged in at a charging station.
- Once you’re notified of the request, you have up to 72 hours to pay it or dispute it.
- If you’ve purchased prepaid refuel as an Extra, your host cannot request a reimbursement. Please also note that, if you purchase this extra, you're not permitted a refund on fuel you didn’t use.