- Replace the amount of gas used during your trip.
- Take pictures of the fuel gauge before and after each trip.
- Get a receipt that documents the fuel costs and keep it for at least five days after your trip. It should include:
- Price per gallon
- Number of gallons
- Total cost
- If you don’t replace the fuel you used, your host can request reimbursement for their cost to replace it and a $10 inconvenience fee.
- They have up to 72 hours after your trip ends to make a request.
- Guests are responsible for any Supercharger and/or Idle fees incurred during their trip and up to 24 hours after the trip end if they’ve left the car plugged in at a charging station.
- Once you’re notified of the request, you have up to 72 hours to pay it or dispute it.
- If you’ve purchased prepaid refuel as an Extra, your host cannot request a reimbursement.