How to add, change or remove your protection plan
Before your trip starts, you can add, change, or remove a protection plan. If you book a trip with a Commercial Host, they’ll offer you their own commercial rental or liability insurance. Contact them about making changes to insurance coverage for your trip. Follow these instructions to update your protection plan choice:
- Log onto Turo and open the “Trips” tab.
- Tap “Booked.”
- Select the trip you’d like to change.
- Tap the “Modify trip” button.
- Choose “Change protection level.”
- Choose a new protection plan or add/delete a plan and tap “Update.”
We’ll notify your host of your request. The amount of time your host has to respond depends on when you make the request. If the host accepts your request, we’ll notify you, record the change in Turo, and charge any balance due or process any refund. If they don’t respond, reject your request, or the system blocks your request, your protection plan choice will remain unchanged.