Is my vehicle protected against wear and tear?
- We provide reimbursement for exterior wear and tear only for US hosts who:
- chose the Premium protection plan (available prior to July 1, 2020)
- choose the 60 plan (available as of July 1, 2020)
- There is no reimbursement for interior wear and tear.
Wear and tear defined
Exterior Wear and Tear is any dings, dents, cracks, or scratches to the exterior body of the vehicle that are 3 inches in diameter or less. It includes, but isn’t limited to, rims, wheels, hubcaps, any painted or textured area for the body of the vehicle, and moldings.
Interior Wear and Tear is minor scuffing of interior surfaces that is 3 inches or less in diameter. It includes any dials, switches, and knobs that break or fail over time. Cuts and punctures that are clearly due to abuse or misuse by the guest aren’t included in this definition.
Guests are responsible for and Turo doesn’t offer coverage for:
- damage related to “misuse” or prohibited uses of the vehicle
- serious damage to the inside of the car, including gouges, tears, and punctures
- mechanical damage resulting from guest negligence, intentional acts, or improper driving
Guests are not responsible for:
- wear and tear or mechanical failure from normal vehicle use