How to send a reimbursement invoice
If a guest’s trip leads to incidental expenses for you, you can invoice them for reimbursement costs. Read the details of each eligible reimbursement type to learn what documentation is required and how much time you have to submit an invoice.
- Charging mileage costs for additional distance
- Charging for refueling costs
- Charging for tickets and impound costs
- Charging for tolls and London-based costs
Follow these instructions to send a reimbursement invoice to a guest.
- Upload to Trip photos all the required documentation.
- Guests may be more likely to dispute an invoice that doesn’t include documentation.
- If an invoice without documentation is escalated to customer support, it’ll take us longer to resolve the issue.
- Open the Trip details page and tap “Charge for incidentals” to create a single invoice that lists all eligible incidental costs.
- Add a short explanation to make it clear why you’re requesting reimbursement.
- Allow the guest 48 hours to pay or dispute the invoice.
- If the guest pays the invoice, we’ll issue the funds to your trip earnings.
- If the guest disputes the invoice, you have 72 hours to either cancel the invoice, submit a new invoice, or escalate to customer support. After 72 hours, the invoice will auto-escalate to customer support for review and resolution by an agent who’ll notify you of the outcome. (Read more about managing a disputed invoice below).
- If a guest disregards the invoice, it will auto-escalate to customer support for review and resolution by an agent who’ll notify you of the outcome.
Managing a disputed reimbursement invoice
If your guest disputes an invoice, you have 72 hours to manage it in one of the following ways.
Cancel the invoice
If you’ve mistakenly sent an invoice for costs that don’t qualify for reimbursement, you can cancel the invoice. To cancel a reimbursement invoice, open the Trip details page and tap “View invoice.” Scroll to the bottom of the invoice and tap “Cancel.”
Submit a new invoice with clarifying information
By providing more explanation or uploading to Trip photos any missing documentation, you may be able to resolve the payment issue. If you’re flexible on costs, you can also lower the reimbursement amount you’re requesting. Once you submit the new invoice, it’ll supersede the original, the clock will reset, and your guest will have 48 hours to pay or dispute it. To submit a new invoice, open the Trip details page, tap “View invoice,” and select “Start a new invoice.”
Escalate the invoice to Customer Support
If you’ve clearly explained the charges on your original invoice and the documentation was in place in Trip photos, you may prefer to escalate a disputed invoice to customer support. We’ll take two to five days to review the documentation you and your guest uploaded to Trip photos and resolve the issue. If you’re missing the required documentation, we may have no choice but to find in favor of the guest. If we find in your favor, we’ll add the reimbursement amount to your earnings. If we find in the guest’s favor, we’ll email you an explanation of our decision. To escalate a reimbursement invoice, open the Trip details page and tap “View invoice.” Scroll to the bottom of the invoice and tap “Escalate.”
Take no action
After 72 hours, the invoice will auto-escalate to customer support, and an agent will review and resolve the issue, and notify you of the outcome