Why was my vehicle unlisted?
There are several reasons why we may have restricted and/or unlisted your vehicle. In some cases, the reason is for safety. For example:
- report of a mechanical, quality, or safety issue
- vehicle damage deemed unsafe
- vehicle safety recall notification
In other cases, the reason is due to host behavior. For example:
- unresponsiveness to trip requests
- failure to show up for a trip and unresponsive to our emails
- poor quality or prohibited vehicle listing photos
- vehicle ineligibility for the Turo platform
- violation of Turo policy
How do I get my vehicle relisted?
You’ll be unable to relist your vehicle on your own. Check the issues and instructions below for relisting with the help of Turo support.
- Report of a mechanical, quality, or safety issue. Have an ASE-certified mechanic inspect and, if necessary, repair your car. Have them complete Turo’s inspection form (found at the bottom of this page). Reply to the email we sent you about the safety concern. Give the shop’s contact information in the body of the email and attach the completed form. We’ll review the documentation and email you about next steps. Read more about maintenance requirements and what repairs you can make on your own.
- Vehicle damage deemed unsafe. Once the damage has been repaired, reply to the most recent email you received from our Claims department. Ask to have your vehicle relisted and attach photos that show the completed repairs. If you no longer have the email, send the photos and a request to relist to firstname.lastname@example.org (US), email@example.com (Canada), or firstname.lastname@example.org (UK).
- Vehicle safety recall notification. Contact your dealership to get the problem fixed free of charge. Your dealership will register the repair with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Once the recall status is updated in the NHTSA recall database, our system will relist your vehicle. Learn more about safety recalls and what to do if your recall status hasn’t been updated.
- All other issues. Check your email for a message from us explaining why your vehicle was unlisted and how to resolve the issue. In some cases, we may not be able to relist your vehicle.
If you have difficulty with any of the instructions above, chat directly with our vehicle quality support team. They’ll help you resolve the issue and get your vehicle relisted. If you removed your vehicle from Turo and want to have it relisted, call us. In the US call 415-335-7972, in Canada call 1-888-391-0460, and in the UK call 44-808-164-1454