How do I enter? Enter the Petersen Automotive Museum 1961 GSM Delta ride-along contest between January 26, 2018 at 10:00am - February 2, 2018 at 11:59pm PT by commenting on Turo’s contest announcement on Facebook telling us your connection to this car and why you want to ride with Dana. You’ll receive an extra entry for every three friends you tag on your post. To ensure Turo can view your entry for the contest and ensure your entry is eligible, please make sure the privacy restrictions for your post are set to permit public viewing during the contest period.
How are entries judged? Turo will select one winner based on the following criteria:
- Embodiment of the unique and iconic spirit of this vehicle
- Passion for using Turo to travel
Prohibited content. Entries must NOT contain: (a) advertising or commercial content for any party other than Turo (and Petersen Automotive Museum); (b) content that endorses/promotes illegal or harmful activity; or (c) violent, profane,obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable material. Turo reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates these prohibitions, or which Turo deems inappropriate for any reason, in Turo’s sole discretion.
Prizes. One (1) ride-along experience at the Thermal Raceway track day in the 1961 GSM Delta (in Los Angeles) with Petersen Automotive Museum’s conservator, Dana Williamson, on February 25, 2018. Winner will also be provided breakfast and lunch. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Winner must provide his/her own transportation to the Thermal Raceway in Los Angeles.
What if I win? Turo will notify the winner through Facebook messaging on February 6, 2018. If the winner fails to respond within 72 hours, he or she may be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
No purchase or payment necessary to win.
“Petersen Automotive Collection” CONTEST
1961 GSM Delta track day experience
CONTEST (THE "CONTEST") OFFICIAL RULES
- ELIGIBILITY:You are eligible to enter the Contest if you are a legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age and older and who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at time of entry ("you" or "Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors, and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members (whether related or not), of Turo ("Sponsor")its affiliates, advertising, promotional partner (The Petersen Automotive Museum), and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. US law governs this Contest.
- CONTEST TIMING:The Contest begins at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on January 26, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on February 2, 2018.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION:The Contest invites Eligible Participants to enter by commenting on Turo’s contest announcement on Facebook, by telling us why they would like to win this ride-along experience. The Contest will consist of three (3) Phases: During Phase 1,which will run from 10:00:00 AM PT on January 26, 2018 through 11:59:59 PM PT on February 2, 2018 ("Entry Period"), Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to comment on Turo’s contest announcement with the their reason for wanting to win for consideration in the Contest. During Phase 2, which will take place on February 4, 2018. ("Judging Period"), each Entry will be scored by a panel of Turo judges and the top-scoring entry will move on to Phase 3. During Phase 3, which will occur on or about February 6, 2018, the winner will be declared. The winner will be notified and will have their winning entry shared on the Turo social channels and will receive a free one day ride-along experience at the Thermal Raceway track day in the 1961 GSM Delta with Petersen Automotive Museum’s conservator, Dana Williamson. Breakfast and lunch will also be provided.
- PHASE 1 - HOW TO ENTER:There is one way to enter this Contest: via Facebook.
- The Entry must be in English and keeping with the Sponsor's image, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person.
- The Entry cannot have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means, mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO REMOVE, MODIFY OR EDIT ANY ENTRY POSTED THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST. IF ENTRY IS REMOVED BY SPONSOR, ENTRY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Entries. Sponsor's decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. If you choose to enter using your mobile phone, message and data fees and other charges may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
- PHASE 2 - JUDGING PERIOD:During the Judging Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of Turo employees based on the following criteria (i) Creativity; (ii) Embodiment of the unique and iconic spirit of this vehicle; (iii) Passion for using Turo to travel.Judging will be performed by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The top-scoring Entry will be declared the potential winner. Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the criteria listed above. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will be determined on or about February 4, 2018.
- PHASE 3 - WINNER NOTIFICATION:The potential winner will be notified on or about February 6, 2018 via Facebook. Potential winners will be required to provide their name, address and email address upon notification within 72 hours of notification, or entry may be disqualified.
- PRIZE:1 (One) Grand Prize. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. All claimed prizes will be awarded, providing there are a sufficient number of eligible entries received. If winner is 21 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. No transportation or accommodations are provided with the prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR'S WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Contest Parties are not liable or responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged or stolen entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Contest Parties are not liable or responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice, if in the judges' opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may void any Entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible Entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify you if you violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Eligible Participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- DISPUTES:Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California), or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California).
- WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner, available after February 6, 2018, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by to: “PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE COLLECTION” CONTEST 1961 GSM DELTA EXPERIENCE, 667 Mission St., SF, CA 94105.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Turo, 667 Mission St., SF, CA 94105. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.