The Los Angeles fire disaster relief program empowers Los Angeles hosts to rent out their cars free of cost to evacuees and victims of the Bel-Air, Ventura County, Sylmar and Santa Clarita fire disaster.
Hosts must opt in to the program to participate, and Turo will then match hosts with guests who qualify, waiving the Turo trip fee for all guests who rent cars under this program. Hosts who opt in to the program will be covered by the protection package previously selected by the host, which includes physical damage protection and $1 million in liability coverage. Hosts will not receive payment (other than applicable delivery fees) for trips completed under this program
- Turo will match hosts and guests directly; guests will neither be able to select a specific car nor reserve a car under this program via the Turo website. Turo customer support will try their best to find the ideal car for the scenario based on vehicle availability.
- Turo must approve your participation.
- Vehicles can be booked for two-day increments.
- To be eligible, guests must:
- Be approved to drive and rent a car from the Turo marketplace. Review eligibility requirements here.
- Be set up with an available car manually via Turo customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; guests cannot reserve a car under this program via the Turo website.
- Be verified as a Los Angeles evacuee based on current ZIP code on ID or billing address.
- Pay the cost of the protection package based on the would-be trip price were it not waived. Guests must choose either the Premium or Basic protection package; they may not decline protection.
- Pay the cost of delivery if needed, depending on whether or not the host offers delivery and charges a delivery fee.
- Hosts will be covered for these rentals by their previously selected protection package.
- Hosts will not receive payment for these trips, except for applicable delivery fees.
Turo reserves the right to any remedy, including denial of the discount or cancellation of your account or reservations, if fraud, tampering, violations of the Turo Terms of Service, or technical errors are suspected. This program is subject to vehicle availability. Turo reserves the right to suspend this program at any time.
Thank you for helping us support our Los Angeles neighbors in their time of need.