Submitting a trip review
Once your trip ends, you have 10 days to rate and review it. We’ll notify you that the review window is open and alert you when it’s about to close. Follow the link in the email, tap the notification, or go directly to the Trip details page to leave a rating and review. If you miss the 10-day window, you won’t be able to leave a review. We encourage you to rate and review every trip, especially if it stood out as extremely positive or negative.
Besides rating your overall trip experience, you can also rate the host and vehicle on cleanliness, maintenance, listing accuracy, communication, and convenience. If your rating falls short of 5 stars, you can leave specific feedback. Double check your star ratings and your written review before you submit them. Once you do, you can’t change or remove them. If you submit a rating without a review, you can’t go back later and write a review — even if it’s within the 10-day window. Reviews are double blind. That means neither you nor your host can see what the other has written until you’ve both submitted your reviews or once the 10-day window has closed. You can see your reviews on your Profile page.
Removing a review
Turo believes feedback is essential to a strong marketplace. That means we allow you and your host to share your personal experience of a trip, and we generally won’t remove reviews:
- when you and your host disagree about the events that occurred
- if you or your host believes that the review is unfair
Regardless of circumstances, we insist that reviews be accurate and respectful, and we may remove reviews that:
- include profanity or vulgarity
- contain personally-identifying information such as addresses, phone numbers, or last names
- reflect booked trips that didn’t take place
- are incentivized by a promise for payment, extra services, or a discounted rate
- are motivated by a threat of extortion