The Business Class badge is an indicator that a listing meets the high standard of service expected by our business travelers. We apply the badge to make it easier for business travelers to find and book suitable cars. Travelers can also filter for Business Class cars, and find them on the Turo homepage. If the badge is appearing on your car’s listing, it means both you and your car meet the requirements outlined below.
Requirements for owners
- Your account is in good standing. We consider an account to be in good standing when you have not violated any Turo policies, meet our requirements, and are not experiencing any verification issues, among other reasons.
- You have completed at least three trips on Turo as a host.
- You have 5-star ratings for at least 90% of your reviewed trips.
- You approve at least 85% of trip requests.
- You commit to at least 90% of approved booking requests. Too many canceled trips will result in a lower commitment rate.
Requirements for cars
- The car has an automatic transmission.
- The car is no more than five years old. This is based on the model year, and we calculate from January 1st.
- The car is not designated for pets. If you check the “Pet Friendly” box in the features section for your listing, your car will not be eligible.
- The are at least two photos of the car on the listing.
- The car is listed as available for delivery.
The Business Class badge is applied to listings by an automated process that reviews all listings on the first of every month based on data from the last 365 days. If both the owner and the car meet the requirements, the Business Class badge is automatically posted to the listing.
As either or both the car and owner may not meet the criteria each month, it’s normal for a listing to display the Business Class badge one month, but not necessarily the next. For example, if an owner had to cancel a number of trips in a particular month, their commitment rate might drop below 90%. When the criteria are reevaluated on the first of the month, the Business Class badge would be removed. The badge will be re-posted after the automated review process finds the owner has raised their commitment rate to 90% again.
The process is fully automated. There is no way to manually add or remove the badge, and we are not able make exceptions. You are able to view the Business Class Terms and conditions in more detail here.