The Business Class badge indicates that a listing meets the high standard of service that business travelers expect. We apply the badge to make it easier for these guests to find and book suitable cars. Guests can filter for Business Class cars and find them on the Turo homepage. If the badge appears on your car’s listing, it means both you and your car meet the requirements listed below.
- Your account is in good standing.
- Among other things, this means that you haven’t violated any Turo policies, meet all of Turo’s host and vehicle requirements, and aren’t experiencing any verification issues.
- You’ve completed at least three trips as a host.
- You have five-star ratings for at least 90% of your reviewed trips.
- You approve at least 85% of trip requests.
- You commit to at least 90% of approved booking requests.
- The car has an automatic transmission.
- The car is no more than five years old.
- This is based on the model year, and we calculate from January 1.
- The car is not designated for pets.
- If you check the “Pet Friendly” box in the features section for your listing, your car won’t be eligible.
- The listing includes at least two photos.
- The car is listed as available for delivery.
How is the Business Class badge applied?
The Business Class badge is applied to listings by a fully automated process. Our system reviews all listings on the first of every month using data from the last 365 days. If both the host and the car meet the requirements at that time, it automatically posts the badge to the listing.
As either or both the car and host may not meet the criteria each month, it’s not uncommon for a listing to display the Business Class badge one month but not necessarily the next. For example, if a host had to cancel several trips in a month, their commitment rate might drop below 90%. When the criteria are re-evaluated on the first of the following month, the system would remove the Business Class badge from the listing. It would re-post the badge after the once-a-month automated review process finds that the host has raised their commitment rate to 90% again and meets all of the other requirements.
You can read the Business Class Program Terms and Conditions in more detail here.