You may not list a vehicle that has:
- a branded title
- a "washed" title
- an unclean Carfax history
- a problematic Hire Purchase Information (HPI) check on Turo (UK only)
Branded and washed titles
A branded title indicates that a used vehicle has sustained significant damage and/or may be unsafe to drive. Title brands and definitions vary by region. Prohibited branded titles include, but aren’t limited to:
- Salvaged (even if “salvage” does not appear in the title itself due to regional difference)
- Written off
- Odometer Rollback/Inaccurate or inconsistent mileage
- Vehicle that had been declared a total loss at any point
- Flood/Water/Fire Damage/Hail
- Subject to outstanding finance
Because title brand definitions vary by state and country, sometimes a title brand won’t transfer to the title in a new state. In that case, the title becomes “washed” or "clean." You may not list a branded car by registering it in a state where the title brand doesn’t transfer.
If you list a vehicle with a branded or washed title, you’ll be in violation of Turo’s policies. We’ll remove your vehicle from Turo and void your protection plan. We may also suspend your Turo account.