About additional drivers
As a host, here’s what you should know about additional drivers on a trip:
- Guests can only add drivers to a Turo-protected trip. If you’re a Commercial Host, let guests know in your vehicle listing whether you allow additional drivers and your approval process, if any.
- Guests can add up to six additional drivers.
- The guest who booked the trip is the primary driver. They must be the one to pick up and return your vehicle. Do not give your vehicle to anyone who’s not listed as the trip’s primary driver.
- You’re not able to approve an additional driver. If a guest asks, send them to this FAQ for instruction on how to add a driver.
- The primary driver is financially responsible for anything that happens during the trip. That includes any incidents, damage, or violations caused by their additional driver.
About the approval process
- We put additional drivers through our verification process to approve or deny them as a driver on a trip.
- We notify Turo-protected UK hosts of any requests to add a driver.
- We’ll notify all Turo-protected hosts if we approve an additional driver.
- Hosts in the US, Canada, and Germany can see the name of an approved driver in the trip’s details.
- We don’t display an additional driver’s name for trips in the UK.