About additional drivers
As a peer-to-peer host on Turo, here’s what you should know about additional drivers on a trip:
- The guest who booked the trip is the primary driver. They must be the one to pick up and return your vehicle. Do not give your vehicle to anyone who’s not listed as the trip’s primary driver.
- You’re not able to approve an additional driver. If a guest asks, send them to this article for instruction on how to add a driver.
- The primary driver is financially responsible for anything that happens during the trip. That includes any incidents, damage, or violations caused by their additional driver.
- Guests can add up to eight additional drivers.
- Additional drivers must pass our verification process to be added to a trip.
- In the US and Canada: We notify hosts when we approve an additional driver and display that driver’s name on the Trip details page.
- In the UK: We notify hosts of requests to add a driver and send a notification when we approve an additional driver.