Gift card terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the purchase, receipt, use, or attempted use of gift cards (also known as gift certificates) on Turo. By purchasing, accepting, using, or attempting to use a Turo gift card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Redeeming gift cards
- In order to redeem your gift card, you must have a Turo account. You can create a Turo account at turo.com, or on the Turo iPhone or Android App. You must be over the age of 21 and otherwise pass Turo’s trust and safety screening processes in order to create a Turo account.
- Your gift card can be used solely to pay for a trip booked on Turo. To redeem the value associated with your gift card, you will be required to provide your unique travel credit code above the “Promo code” field on your Account page. Your credit will then be added to your account.
- Any unused value will remain on your Turo account until spent.
- If the amount of your trip exceeds the value of your travel credit received from your gift card, you will be required to pay for the balance using a credit or debit card.
- You may use more than one gift card at a time.
Cancellation / Non-Expiration of Gift Certificates / No Fees
- No fees will be charged for using a gift card.
- Recipient Cancellations: gift card recipients can cancel their gift card in order to receive a cash refund.
- Turo Cancellations: Turo may cancel a gift card at any time for any reason and can refund any unused gift card value to purchaser (if the gift card has not been redeemed) or to the gift card recipient (if the travel credit has already been applied to the recipient’s account).
- Expiration: gift cards do not expire.
Sending/Receiving Gift Certificates
- Purchase and redemption of gift cards are subject to the Turo Terms of Service, which is incorporated herein.
- You may purchase gift cards for yourself or someone else. Only recipients eligible to participate in the Turo marketplace can redeem gift cards on Turo. Receipt of a gift card is not a guarantee of eligibility. If you receive a Turo gift card and are not eligible to use Turo, you can contact customer support for a full refund.
- If you apply your travel credit from your gift card to your account, and your account is later closed, you may contact customer support for refund of the remaining unused balance.