How to cancel a trip
To cancel a trip, follow these steps.
- Log onto turo.com and open your Trips tab, or open the app and navigate to your Trips tab.
- Select “Booked.”
- Select the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose the option to cancel your trip and select a reason for canceling.
- It’s important to select the reason that most closely matches your circumstance.
- Once the cancellation is processed, the trip will show as “Canceled” on your Trips tab.
- A trip that’s marked “Canceled” is no longer valid. You’re not authorized to receive or drive the car.
- If the trip still shows as “Booked,” it hasn’t been successfully canceled. Check that you’ve properly completed all steps of the cancellation process.
You cannot cancel a trip that has already started.
Your refund amount depends on when you cancel the trip and the trip’s length. For trips booked in advance, you’ll have a free cancellation period of 24 hours before the trip starts. For trips booked with less than 24 hours’ notice, you can cancel for free for four hours after booking up to the trip start. After the free cancellation period ends, your cancellation fee is based on how long the original trip was, but you’ll either be charged a day or half a day’s cost.
If you’re entitled to a full refund according to our cancellation policy, you’ll automatically be given the choice to either request a full refund immediately or hold the funds on our platform for 24 hours in order to use it towards a new trip. If you need to cancel because of a flight delay or flight cancellation, read how to do so here.
For any trips where you request a trip modification after the free cancellation period has ended, the cancellation policy and any associated fees from before the modification will apply.
If you don’t show up for a trip but haven’t canceled, this is considered a late cancellation or guest “no-show.” Depending on the circumstances, we’re only able to partially refund you. If you have any trouble canceling a trip, contact us right away. We’ll be able to refund you, according to the no-show policy, as long as you contact us within 72 hours after the trip start time for a trip you couldn’t make.
If you show up to your trip without your license or with an invalid license, the no-show cancellation policy will apply to your trip. Always remember to have your license when driving a Turo vehicle!
You can read what happens if a host cancels your trip here. If your host needs to cancel your trip but hasn’t yet, we recommend waiting for them to do so or contacting customer support. If you can’t wait, cancel the trip yourself and use “My host needs to cancel” as the reason, and we will reach out to you.