How to cancel a trip
- Log in and open your Trips tab.
- Select “Booked.”
- Find the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose the option to cancel and pick a cancellation reason that most closely matches your circumstance.
- Once the cancellation is processed, the trip will show as “Canceled” on your Trips tab.
- If the trip still shows as “Booked,” it hasn’t been successfully canceled. Check that you’ve properly completed all steps of the cancellation process.
- A “Canceled” trip is no longer valid. You’re not authorized to receive or drive the car.
- You cannot cancel an in-progress trip.
We’ll give you a full refund if you cancel within our free cancellation period.
- For trips booked more than 25 hours before their start, you have 24 hours before the trip starts.
- For trips booked less than 24 hours’ notice, you can cancel for free up to one hour after you’ve booked the trip.
If you’re entitled to a full refund, you can:
- use the funds to rebook another trip with us OR
- request a refund to your payment account
If you choose to rebook, your refund amount will be available on our platform for 24 hours. If you don’t rebook by then, we’ll send the funds back to your payment method. Once we issue the refund, it usually takes three to five business days for your bank to return it to your account. We usually make exceptions for flight cancellations and delays.
After the free cancellation period ends, your cancellation fee is based on the scheduled trip length. We’ll charge either a full or half a day’s cost and refund the rest according to our policy.
If you cancel a trip that you modified after the free cancellation period ended, we’ll base your refund amount on the cancellation policy and the original trip information.
If you need to cancel your trip but are having trouble doing so, contact us right away, and we’ll help. If you don’t show up for a trip within 30 minutes of trip start and haven’t canceled, we consider this a “no-show.” We’ll refund you according to the Guest No-Show policy if you contact us within 72 hours after the trip start time.
Remember to bring your license when you pick up your Turo car. If you show up to your trip without your license or with an invalid license, we consider this to be a “no-show” and the same cancellation policy applies.
If your host doesn’t provide the vehicle at trip start, try to contact them. If they don’t respond to Turo messaging, try texting or calling. A host’s phone number is displayed in the “Trip Details” section of a trip once it’s booked. If they’re still unresponsive, contact Turo Support right away. We’ll help you find a replacement vehicle and apply the funds to the next trip.
If your host needs to cancel they should do it themselves. We recommend waiting for them to cancel or contacting customer support. If you can’t wait, go ahead and cancel the trip yourself. Pick “My host needs to cancel” as the reason, and we’ll reach out to you.